All Boarders and Visitors must sign an Equine Liability Release Form
1. Perimeter Gate and pasture gates must be closed at all times. No exceptions.
2. No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances allowed on property. Do not enter the property if you are already under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
3. All Barn lights are to be turned off before leaving the Barn.
4. Stable is open from 7 am to 9 pm daily. Boarders are permitted to ride only during stated hours, unless prior arrangements have been made, and must make appointments to visit their horse after hours.
5. No smoking is allowed on the property. Smoking is only allowed in your vehicle. Dispose of butts in your car.
6. Children must stay with their parents or accompanying adult at all times.
7. Absolutely no vehicles belonging to farriers, delivery personnel, vets, etc. are allowed inside the Barn without prior permission from Barn Owner. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas only. Do not block garage entrance.
8. No visitors are allowed in stalls. Boarders may retrieve their horses and properly tie them for visitors to view.
9. No visitors are allowed in pastures. Boarders may enter pastures to retrieve only their own horse, unless permission is given by horse’s owner
10. Owners may not handle any horse other than their own or a horse that they have leased, without prior permission from the horse’s owner. The Stable Owner must be notified first.
11. No firearms, fireworks, bottle rockets, etc. allowed on the property.
12. No dogs or other pets are allowed on the property without permission from barn owner because of insurance liability.
13. No motorcycles, 4-wheelers, etc., are allowed in the Barn, in pastures, etc.
14. No swinging on gates.
15. Do not sit, lean against, stand or climb on Arena fences and gates, or any other fences and gates. Maintain a minimum distance of 5 ft. from Arena fences and gates during shows.
16. Remain seated in Grandstands. No climbing or sitting on the top at the back of Grandstands is allowed.
17. Boarders must respect other boarders’ belongings. Items such as tack, wheelbarrows, pitchforks, etc. may only be used with prior permission.
18. All trash, including candy wrappers, soda cans, etc., must be placed in trash cans. Do not throw on ground.
19. Water must be shut off at the spigot when not in use.
20. No running or yelling in the Barn. The Stable cannot be held responsible for any injury, accident and/or death associated with spooking a horse.
21. Dispose of manure in designated area only, with a minimum of 25 ft. between the manure pile and the Barn.
22. Always check your tack before riding. The Stable will not be responsible for the quality of your tack, and will not be held responsible for any injury, accident and/or death associated with using tack in ill repair.
23. Whether you ride with or without proper safety equipment, the Stable will not be held responsible for any injury, accident and/or death that occurs.
24. Do not tie your horse with your reins. All horses are to be tied in the aisles with a lead rope or in the grooming area while wearing a serviceable halter.
25. Physically abusing any horse on the premises will not be tolerated.
26. Do not feed or give treats to any horse other than your own, unless written permission is on file with the Stable. Some horses may have stomach problems associated with some feed or treats.
27. All injuries, accidents and damages must be brought to the Stable Owners’ attention immediately.
28. Outside Trainers and instructors must provide their own liability insurance, and list Stable as an additional insured. All trainers and instructors must have a certification through a legitimate equestrian program. All trainers and instructors must have written permission from Stable Owner before conducting any lessons, clinics, riding, training, teaching or classes on the property owned by Highland Saddle Club Equestrian Center. Spectators should be sitting in the grandstands quietly. No unauthorized trainers are to conduct business on the grounds at any time. If you are caught training or teaching without permission from the barn owner, you will be asked to leave and not return.